When problems should be solved in a more coordinated way with clear follow-up tasks.
Solve your organization’s difficulties in a coordinated and effective way. With clear follow-up tasks, issues that have been there for a long time are finally solved.
Solving difficulties systematically
Problem Management is a practice in ITIL. It aims to manage difficulties from registering case, to identify main cause and correct it.
We distinguish between 4 central concepts:
- Incident: Event or an error causing the absence of functionality users experience.
- Problem: Cause of one or more incidents. Here, the cause can often be unknown when registering the problem case.
- Known error: The problem has been identified and diagnosed. Introduce temporary solutions if available. This can restore functionality until you identify the root cause and correct it.
- Root cause: Root cause or the main reason that a problem occur.
The value of problem management
More Service Problem
More Service guide you through the process.
- Define tasks
- Inform about temporary solution in related cases
- Describe how you solved it
- You have the option to transfer case to More Service Change
With More Service, you achieve effective and coordinated problem solving. As well as an overview of the issues you should solve.