We give you the tips you need for a successful service desk implementation. This will increase the efficiency of your business.
Successful implementation of a Service desk
- Choose a Service desk system that suits your organization, is flexible and can be expanded with multiple departments.
- Choose a system that has the most automated work processes possible, this will allow faster deployment in the department.
- Prepare a good project plan with deadlines for milestones with set dates, which the department has agreed on prior to start-up, where there is no room for deferral.
- Start by setting up single sign-on for case managers and automatically registering cases to dispatcher or team in the Service desk.
- Take small steps within the ITIL framework in the beginning. Apply classification of issues such as incident, service, and access
- Prepare a Service Manual for the Service desk system. The Service desk department manager must agree on how the working method of case management should be in the system.
- Run an acceptance test of the Service desk system, and a knowledge test with the individual case manager before starting up.
This will secure a successful Implementation of service desk.